Saturday, March 26, 2011

Almost Spring

The Daily Gardener
March 26, 2011

Spring is in the air even here in frozen Vermont.  I'll be in the garden soon, but not quite yet.  With nearly two feet of snow still on my garden I rely on my Indoor Garden to provide all the fresh green we need for salads.  If you have never had soil grown sprouts and shoots, you are in for a treat.  In my last class at City Market in Burlington, VT a young lady looked at me at towards the end of the class and said, “This changes everything” and I knew exactly what she meant.  For the last four years I have been able to grow all of the fresh greens for my family for the entire winter with nothing more than a kitchen cupboard and a windowsill. Check class schedule on thedailygardener.com for current listing.  But in her case she planned to grow greens all year because she lived in an apartment.  This really changed things for both winter and summer with fresh home grown greens.  Spring is in the air and greens are on the windowsill, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment